Thursday, September 25, 2008

Multi-tasking Obama vs. Crisis-mode McCain

"if this isn't fixed, Heaven help us" "This is the financial equivalent of 9/11" "the worst crisis since the Great Depression" "We're facing another Great Depression if we don't act". All of these are quotes from various "economic experts" describing the current situation.

Warren Buffett, who is a Barack Obama supporter, said this is an economic Pearl Harbor. Barack Obama himself said that this was the most serious financial crisis in generations.

Folks, the reality is, things are dire. Do you really want someone that subscribes to the notion that multi-tasking is a necessity over prioritizing? Isn't prioritizing a serious component of multi-tasking??

Now, ask yourself...of all the things going on right now...we can do a debate on foreign policy or we can face the "most serious financial crisis in generations", which would you prefer that someone who gets paid to be a Senator would do??

My answer is get their ass back to Washington and work in the issues that they get paid to work on. Guess what...that's what John McCain's answer was too. Barack Obama's answer...if you need me, call me.

It's no big surprise that I'm not an Obama supporter. The above is merely one reason for it. His judgement is severely lacking. I don't want someone digging their heels in, pouting, playing chicken, or whatever about some stupid foreign policy debate. Get to Washington and fix the serious problem, damnit!

If President Bush was "multi-tasking" on 9/11, rather than focused on the one major issue facing America, he wold have been ran out of Washington. So why are we settling for "multi-tasking" during the financial equivalent??

Well...I'm not...I just don't know why others are settling for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you saying they should have cancelled the debate? If McCain wants to hand over the election to Obama then let him, I guess. Because that is what he would be doing if he had done a no-show last night. They can do the debate and get back to the bail-out. Multi-tasking and getting things done. With all respect, this is no argument against Obama just good judgement. And, as usual, McCain demonstrating short-sightedness.

On another point of short-sightedness, I was remembering this morning how Bush used the wording in one of his last state of the unions about how home ownership was at the highest it had ever been. Where were the warning signs then? I imagine they were there. But, ignored. I know I've heard for years since 2001, being in the mortgage business, how this bubble was going to pop. This is so not news.

But, unfortunately, the buck has just about stopped.

Hope all is well. Talk to you later.

The Mad Hoosier said...

I don't see why moving the debate back a few days would have been such a bad thing. As I said, when economic "experts" are saying that we are staring a possible Great Depression in the face, I think the last thing that should be on politician's minds is debating.

That's just me, I guess. And to me, that goes straight to judgement.

It was a shame that McCain had to "blink" first on it though. That didn't do him any favors. He missed opportunities, though, to seperate himself largely from Obama when they were talking about the economy at the beginning.

Oh well....I'll just focus on being debt free as quickly as possible so that when the economy does hit rock bottom, things may not be so bad.

I hope you're family's doing well, Marel. Talk to you later.