Monday, September 01, 2008

Incomprehensible Party Politics...

I'll try to limit any personal attacks here...well, the only personal attacks I would have would be name calling and questioning the intellect, but I'll try to refrain. I'll keep it merely as pointing out what's SOOOO wrong with party politics.

A few months ago, in March I believe, Geraldine Ferraro worked for Hilliary Clinton's campaign. She made a comment about Barack Obama..."If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. And if he was a woman of any color, he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept."

The comment drew swift calls of Ms. Ferraro being racist and called them outrageous. Ms. Ferraro staunchly insisted that the comments were twisted and taken out of context when being reported by the Obama campaign. In the end, she was forced to resign her position as a finance committee member for the Clinton campaign...even though she still strongly defended her comments.

Recently, Ms. Ferraro was on The O'Reilly Factor via telephone in which it seemed clear by her comments that she was backing Barack Obama. She backpeddled a little bit, not confirming that she was supporting Obama.

Only within the past day or two is she making comments where it can be read that she's left the door open to voting for McCain/Palin.

That just doesn't make sense to me. If someone accused me of racism...on a national and public level...causing me to resign from a campaign that I believed in, there's no way in hell I'd be voting for that person, period. The mere fact that party lines would cause someone to vote like this is shameful.

No comments: