Thursday, September 04, 2008

Bad Dreams

Why do we have bad dreams? And why do they seem to attack that which is most vulnerable about us? Are they meant to warn us? Bring us back to earth, so to speak? Keep us in check?

Some people believe that good dreams are a sign of good fortune. Are bad dreams an omen of things to come too?? And how come the bad dreams stick with us much longer than the good ones? Or seem so much more real? Maybe it's because we dream all the way through good dreams, but bad dreams we wake up in the middle of, when they finally become unbearable. I'll tell you, that answer doesn't help the sting of the bad dream fade any faster.

All I know is I don't like a bad dream. I wish I had the skill of changing a dream while dreaming. But I don't. So here I lay...prone to the horribleness that is bad dreams. I shall pray that you don't have many bad dreams...because they aren't fun.

No comments: