Sunday, January 13, 2008

NUMB3RS...

Ok...so I watch a lot of TV...cutting back will be a resolution for another year, provided I can keep the ones I made this year. Anyway, regardless of how much television I do or don't watch, this show has got to be one of my favorite shows of all time.

There's two main reasons for this. Aside from being entertaining, it is fascinating how much Math they can come up with to put in this show. Now, if you are planning on hopping on to say that there is no way the math used in the show would work in real life, save it. I don't want to hear it. I don't KNOW how realistic this show is...for those not familiar, this show is about a mathematician genius helping out the FBI to solve crimes...but it seems like it's realistic, so for me, it is. I didn't do poorly in Math, but if this show was around when I was in high school, I am sure I would have looked at Math differently. A show like this should give Math teachers hope in finding ways to make Math entertaining enough to teach it to people.

And the second reason this is one of my favorite shows, is that every show ends highlighting the importance of family. For the life of me, I don't know how successful I'll be at raising my kids, but I'll consider my life a success if, at the end of the day, my kids and their family will realize the importance of family unity.

If you haven't seen the show, I highly recommend it. I don't know how many different ways they can have Charlie, the mathematician, help the FBI out, but I know I'll watch every episode I can of this show...and at the end, when the family sits around the table for dinner, laughing, I'll be hoping that, in the future, my family can stay close enough to resemble that unity.

1 comment:

Rocketstar said...

I don't realy watch any "written" TV anymore but this sounds interesting. Maybe i will record it and give it a shot. I always wondered how can they make "math solving crimes" believeable.