Saturday, August 27, 2005

Never Done Before...

...at least not by me. I've never sent any kind of mushy mass email before, be it one that I started or one that I am forwarding on from others. We've all gotten those, "Forward this on if..." emails. Many I just don't even read...for no other reason than after a while they annoyed me. I never was the kind to just hit the forward button and click on my entire address book just because I liked the message within an email...it just didn't seem genuine to me for me to send it, nor did it seem genuine to me if I received a mass email that was forwarded. Plus...who wants to scroll down an email for 20 minutes before you reach the actual message...all the wile running across bulks of writing that you think is the message that only turned out to be a list of emails from previous forwards.

I am sure that many people that forwarded messages to me thought that I would sincerely like the message within the email, so I am sorry that I may not have taken the time to read the email.

Well...I almost broke my string today...I nearly created a mass email today. I have created them before, but only to announce my website to family and friends so that they could see pictures of my daughter. But I had never before even begun an email that was meant to be mushy or sentimental. Tonight, I started to though, but as I perused my address book, I saw many people that I didn't know or that barely knew me...let's face it, my wife has many more friends than I do, so many of them were on the address book from the website announcement emails.

So I decided that rather than send out a mass email to people that barely know me, I'd post it here instead...at least those that read this blog have a better feeling for me than many of those in my own address book. Sad, but true. So here it is, as I envisioned that I would write it in the email....

This is my first mass email like this. It doesn't require that you forward it on, and I'm not trying to send anyone any messages with this. I'm just reading more, it's shocking I know, and in this book I am reading, I came across this poem that I have shed tears over every time I have read it.

It is a poem by Russell Kelfer...I am unsure of the title, but I think it is something along the effects of "You Are Who You Are For A Reason".

You are who you are for a reason.
You are part of an intricate plan.
You're a precious and perfect unique design,
Called God's special woman or man.

You look like you look for a reason.
Our God made no mistake.
He knit you together within the womb,
You're just what he wanted to make.

The parents you had were the ones he chose,
And no matter how you may feel,
They were custom-designed with God's plan in mind,
And they bear the Master's seal.

No, that trauma you faced was not easy,
And God wept that it hurt you so;
But it was allowed to shape your heart
So that into His likeness you'd grow.

You are who you are for a reason,
You've been formed by the Master's rod.
You are who you are, beloved,
Because there is a God!


I can't really explain why I am so touched by that poem, I just am. As I researched the poem a little more to make sure it wasn't altered or changed in the book, I found another poem by Russell Kelfer that's great as well. It's called "Wait" if you care to look it up.

Thank you for letting me share this poem with you. It was a good break that I needed from Supreme Court nominees, social security issues, tort reform, species banning, and all the other things that gets my blood boiling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A few things--

Such a beautiful poem. I can completely appreciate the fact that this touched you so.

Wow. Russell Kelfer. What a flashback to my past. When I was in junior high, I went to a small Christian school in South Florida. Russell Kelfer spoke to us there in a chapel service--I'm sure of it. I remember him reading one of his poems/stories. I'm really going to have to check into this further. Thanks.

Thank you so much for voicing exactly how I feel on mass emails!

Take care. I check back for your posts so it's could to see a new one.

Ben O. said...

That is a great poem - makes me want to turn off the computer and actually go outside and soak up some sun.

Thanks for the inspiration -

Ben O.

http://everyothernamehasbeentaken.blogspot.com/

Aud*2020 said...

I guess I'm not the only one who has been getting worked up over the same issues lately.

Very nice poem, indeed. Never got that one before, but it is definitely inspirational.